[pmmail-list] PC Freezes when downloading mail

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 01:45:53 -0500

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 23:37:43 -0600, Gene Hoffman wrote:

>I intermittently have the same problem running under Win98SE, so it isn't
>just W2000 SP3 PCs that are seeing the problem.
>
>I'm using ZoneAlarm v3.1.291 with MailSafe enabled.
>
>Using Performance 95 (a task monitor utility) I'm able to see that when the
>problem occurs, one thread under VSMON.EXE is what eats all the available
>CPU.  VSMON.EXE is in c:\windows\system\ZoneLabs so that fits with all your
>suggestions that ZoneLabs is responsible for the problem.
>
>Gene Hoffman

I still get similar problems and I don't use ZoneAlarm ... Believe it
is Norton AV causing my problem.  Only solution is to get to server
and delete the obvious spam, which has always avoided my problem.
Problem is much reduced since I started using ATTGLOBAL.NET's spam
quarantine, but still occurs on some spam that gets by that server
filter.

I believe the real solution is to fix Norton ... or execute spammers.

SteveB

SteveB
Steve Barber
104 Sylvan Grove