[pmmail-list] PC Freezes when downloading mail

Barry Wilkinson pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:01:26 +0000

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 23:37:43 -0600, Gene Hoffman wrote:

>I intermittently have the same problem running under Win98SE, so it isn't
>just W2000 SP3 PCs that are seeing the problem.
>
>I'm using ZoneAlarm v3.1.291 with MailSafe enabled.
>
>Using Performance 95 (a task monitor utility) I'm able to see that when the
>problem occurs, one thread under VSMON.EXE is what eats all the available
>CPU.  VSMON.EXE is in c:\windows\system\ZoneLabs so that fits with all your
>suggestions that ZoneLabs is responsible for the problem.
>
>Gene Hoffman

I have replaced ZA and NAV with Sygate PF and McAfee AV. I have not experienced the problem since. I still believe that ZA caused the problem on my PC as I replaced NAV first
and the PC still froze.

Barry Wilkinson
----