[pmmail-list] BSW

Michael Lueck pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 03 Feb 2002 10:36:48 -0500

I think basically what you are commenting on is a management / direction issue
of BSW. There are only 24 hours in a day, and I will give some level of credit
to them (BSW) saying that people in the past have not followed up on
commitments - so, if that is the track record then how much time would you
devote to that per day?

Now, if you have a clear vision of success and growth (which I question if BSW
does) then you would do various things on a proactive basis - communication,
advertising, looking for investment options, etc... Possibly, BSW is still
opperating in the same manner many OS/2 rooted shops have over the years - that
technological superority is enough to gain success... Microsoft is proof enough
that such is not the case!

PMMail as-is is very excellent. They should look at preload options with
OEM's... I forget if it is PMMail or not that basis its trial date on when the
install was done, not when you first creat an account... which makes preloading
hard. I know BulletProof FTP does that which means my preloads of that are
ALWAYS expired from day 1. Super stores maybe - knock at the foundation of
Eeeewwwdora mail. Lots of options - it takes creativity and imagination....
might even need to be hired out.

Or... one can always be as successful as Indelible Blue!

The proactive also applies to adding features, finding QUALITY programmers,
etc... and all of the stuff we normally think about. But what we REALLY want
for PMMail and PMView is another 1 Million REGISTERED users for each and the
only way to get there is some proactive measures in the correct places. Take
for example Bob StJohn and his eCom flavour of OS/2. Personally I think time is
better spent on getting up to speed with Linux, but for those who think there
is going to be a big OS/2 party up in the sky... he's keeping the cause very
alive. We need that same push to get BSW to the next level.

Now, I know very busy project managers / owners who hang around and communicate
with users... Brad at Stardock, Dan Alder at Corel, etc... Tom hello, where are
you! As much as most people could guess, out on a boat fishing in the sun
somewhere. Be proactive in showing some interest.

As for users / clients, BSW has their right to manage / mismanage their company
any way they deem fit. There is nothing that says the company who makes the
best product must try to win... so quit your #^@#ichen everyone! Offer some
time to help the cause - I've offered consulting services for designing a LAN
version of PMMail. Anyone into marketing, capitol, or OEM aspects...??? Put
some offers in WRITING and DELIVER if BSW takes and interest. Grass roots.

'nough!

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/