[pmmail-list] PMMail and Odin

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:22:28 -0400

On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:01:11 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>I have used several off-the-shelf Win32 programs under Odin and the
>results can be very good.  I know that there are some for whom the idea
>of running a Win32 program under Odin is heretical,  but for those of
>us who see OS/2 is a tool and not a religion we appreciate whatever
>works.  Please pass this suggestion along to BSW let us know of any

I will pass the suggestion along but I'm doubtful that we can support
PMMail under Odin. We are already being flamed for bugs that exist in
code designed to run on a native platform. To introduce another layer
between the application and the operating system would complicate
things further and involve technology that no one at BSW is trained
in.

We will, of course, continue to support the existing OS/2 and Windows
versions.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support