[pmmail-list] PMMail and Odin

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 15:30:12 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:22:28 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>I will pass the suggestion along but I'm doubtful that we can support
>PMMail under Odin. We are already being flamed for bugs that exist in
>code designed to run on a native platform. To introduce another layer
>between the application and the operating system would complicate
>things further and involve technology that no one at BSW is trained
>in.

I think you've missed part of my point.  There are already Win32
programs which run fine under Odin without any effort on the part of
their authors.  Greg already seems to have had some success getting
PMMail2k to run, and if a couple of small hitches need to be overcome
to make it possible then BSW should seriously consider making the
effort.

>We will, of course, continue to support the existing OS/2 and Windows
>versions.

As I mentioned, the existing versions will become increasingly
irrelevent.

Ralph