[pmmail-list] PMMail and Odin

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 05:09:47 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 15:30:12 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:

<snip>

>I think you've missed part of my point.  There are already Win32
>programs which run fine under Odin without any effort on the part of
>their authors.  Greg already seems to have had some success getting
>PMMail2k to run, and if a couple of small hitches need to be overcome
>to make it possible then BSW should seriously consider making the
>effort.

Making sure PMMail2000 for Windows runs under Odin would be great ...
But we all know that isn't going to happen ... BSW has a different agenda ...

But for the sake of completeness, here's the two biggies that would, IMO, need addressed:

1] Under Odin PMMail2000 for Windows abends EVERYTIME when attempting to INDEX a folder ...

2] The HTML text control doesn't operate properly under Odin ... Email appears okay ... but ...

~ Single-clicking a URL does nothing ...
~ Same thing with email addresses ...
~ There are NO context menus when working with a opened message ...
~ Setting the font within the control does nothing ... it Defaults to what looks like ARIAL ...

Other than these two items PMMail2000 for Windows runs fine under Odin ...
It can retrieve and send email without a hitch ... as least using a POP account ... Don't know about other types ...

If it would help anyone I can post or send screenshots showing PMMail2000 in all its glory ... Just let me know ...
Also, if someone has a specific function they'd like me to check let me know what it is ...

Hope this helps ...
Greg