[pmmail-list] problem with version 2.20.2469

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 20:11:26

On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:26:25 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>I have seen people attempting to use the "bounce" feature incorrectly
>(i.e. without a "to:" address or group), expecting the message in
>question to "bounce" to the original sender.

:-)

It is a long time since I said this, but I have to say that the use of
the word "bounce" in this context is most unfortunate as the rest of
the world uses it for the return of a failed delivery.  "Forward" is
already in use, so I would suggest "redirect" as this is what the Post
Office does with mail that is to be delivered to another address
without change.  You may feel it is too late to change, but I would
prefer a change even now.

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd