[pmmail-list] Odin=Obsolete (was:PMMail and Odin)

Martin Moran pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 09:38:17 -0700

On Sat, 09 Feb 2002 23:17:17 -0800 (PST), Steve Wendt wrote:

>That's horrible enough in itself, but I though it supported POP3?

Not if you want all the fancy gew-gaws.

Look, it actually isn't that bad.  In one program, I can support my
Palm for my appointments, handle my mail with a good filtering system
(not as simple as PMMail, but still good), and maintain all of my
contacts - I could even use it as a contact manager for my sales calls,
but I just don't work that way.  I've tried and it takes too much
discipline when you're not a full-time salesman.

It supports what I consider important things - automatic out of office
canned replies, which it handles very elegantly.  It supports shared
folders and mailboxes, shared schedules, and shared addressbooks - even
1/2 way across a continent as in my case.

To be fair, for business applications, Exchange and Outlook are an
incredible matchup.  As is Lotus Notes, or whatever it's called now.
But my needs at home are drastically different, so I use PMMail.
Martin Moran                 ommoran@telusplanet.net
Edmonton, Alberta            e-mail for my PGP key

"When you're caffeinated, all is right with the world"