[pmmail-list] Re: Additional feature request for OS/2 New Version

Kris Sorem Sr Kris Sorem Sr" <norseman@humboldt1.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:18:57 -0800 (PST)

My reply to message from Lueko Willms sent on
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:49:46 +0100 (MEZ). You wrote:

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:43:05 +0100 (CET),
pmmail-archive@joachimselinger.de wrote:

> That just leads me to another feature request. Can we possibly get some
> function that would tell us the full path of the message in question?

  Here is a simple REXX script which will tell you file full pathname
of a message it processes.

  I configured it as a manual filter, searching for a "@" in the
header, and calling it in foreground:

------------ cut ----------
/* REXX */
/* A short program to show the full path name of a PMMail message
*/
ARG dateiName

CALL RxFuncAdd 'RxMessageBox', 'RexxUtil', 'RxMessageBox'

Say dateiname
PULL
/*
antwort = RxMessageBox (dateiName, "The requested file
name","OK","INFORMATION")
  */
EXIT
---------------- cut off --------------

  I tried RxMessageBox, but it would not work for "Incorrect call to
routine"

Here is my rexx script. Like Lueko, I configured it as a manual filter,
searching for a "@" in the header, and calling it in foreground:

------------ begin script ----------
/*  PMMail 2.10 Get File Name v1.0.0  (GFname.cmd) */

call RxFuncAdd 'SysLoadFuncs', 'RexxUtil', 'SysLoadFuncs'
call 'SysLoadFuncs'

Arg mailfile
say
say
say mailfile
say

pause
e.exe mailfile
exit

I use this script to display filename with path and then call the OS/2
editor. If strip.exe permits arguments, strip.exe could be substituted for
e.exe and your filter could include checking for an attachment.

--
JMO,
/s/~Kris