[pmmail-list] Ad blocking proxy hoses PMMail

Allan McLane pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:21:30 -0500

Here's a new one (for me, anyway):

I used to run an old but very reliable blocking program called AtGuard but it won't run under W2K so I just installed AdSubtract Pro on this Win2K system and now PMMail freezes solid whenever I try to click on a web link in an open message.

This ad blocking program automatically sets up an HTTP proxy server (AdSubtract, Port 4444) in IE5's configuration panel.

This scheme works fine for IE but it seems that PMMail (2.20.2380) For Windows 2000 (5.0.2195;2) gets hosed by it.

I thought I'd ask here first before pestering the AdSubtract folks ( http://www.adsubtract.com/ ) ... Does anyone here have any ideas? I can't see anywhere in the PMMail setup screens to accomodate this sort of arrangement. PMMail runs fine if I quit the Ad blocker app.

--allan