[pmmail-list] Ad blocking proxy hoses PMMail

Gene Gough pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:53:07 -0500

I have been using POW (freeware) available at
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
to prevent most of the pupup dropdown add in the browser.  It a learning thing that you have to teach so
your going to get every New add at least once.  BUT, it doesn't cause a problem in PMMAIL PRO on Win
2K

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:21:30 -0500, Allan McLane wrote:

>Here's a new one (for me, anyway):
>
>I used to run an old but very reliable blocking program called AtGuard but it won't run under W2K so I
just installed AdSubtract Pro on this Win2K system and now PMMail freezes solid whenever I try to click
on a web link in an open message.

>This ad blocking program automatically sets up an HTTP proxy server (AdSubtract, Port 4444) in IE5's
configuration panel.

>This scheme works fine for IE but it seems that PMMail (2.20.2380) For Windows 2000 (5.0.2195;2)
gets hosed by it.

>I thought I'd ask here first before pestering the AdSubtract folks ( http://www.adsubtract.com/ ) ...
Does anyone here have any ideas? I can't see anywhere in the PMMail setup screens to accomodate this
sort of arrangement. PMMail runs fine if I quit the Ad blocker app.

>--allan
>

>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Dicussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>line of the message body being...

Gene Gough                                         IBM - Retired                                                  Marietta, GA
Gough Family Page  :  http://www.goughfamily.com/home/albums.htm
Gough History           :  http://www.goughfamily.com/familytree/goughtree.html
Professional  Page    :  http://www.goughfamily.com/resume/software_expert.html