[pmmail-list] Yahoo! to use Authenticated SMTP

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:24:54 +0100 (MEZ)

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:25:03 -0600 (CST), Maynard wrote:

> The significant question here is "Does PMMail currently even support
> SMTP AUTH?", since that requirement has been increasing with time, and
> is now about to be enforced by yahoo for those who send mail out
> through them from local email clients.

   In the account settings, I can activate "Server requires
authentication" for SMTP send. The question is, are there different
authentication methods being used by different SMTP servers, and
which one are supported by PMMail.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main