[pmmail-list] PMMSend function in PMMail/2000?

Dr. Martin R. Hadam pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:22:27 +0100

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:23:42 +0100 (MEZ), Lueko Willms wrote:

>>  You probably don't want to use pmmsend on any sort of serious batch
>> email (been there, done that) just because of the involvement of the
>> folders in pmmail.
>
>   That largely depends on what you want to accomplish. If you want
>all your mail be administered in this program PMMail, you will want
>to use PMMsend.exe, if you don't want it, you will use something
>else, like SENDMAIL, which is part of the OS/2 delivery.

 As I stated in my email - I was referring to "serious batch email",
with "serious" not referring to the contents of such messages <g>. Have
you ever run PMMSEND on e.g. one (or more) thousand email messages? If
you did, you know what I'm talking about...

 PMMsend is perfect for very low volume command line (batch) emailing;
yet at this level you may also consider sending another copy of each
email to yourself, which then arrives in PMMAIL as "regular" incoming
mail. Same filtering rules apply; much less hassle. Note that when you
set PMMail to do frequent downloads from your mailserver, chances are
that PMMSend - while pushing in messages into folders via the
"backdoor" - gets in its way with PMMail's own download function and
then there is a host of problems, not all of them being nice ones.
Because of this, I've completely abandoned using PMMsend: when I need a
copy of a specific email in PMMail, I'm sending one to myself,
otherwise use a batch mailer only.

 Martin

 Martin R. Hadam
 Kinderklinik - Medizinische Hochschule