[pmmail-list] Update from Peter Nielsen

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:59:32 -0400

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:45:34 +0100 (MET), Frank Winkler - Sun Germany
REOS - Munich wrote:

>I'm sure the big majority of the long-term PMMail/2 users would appreciate
>future development and would even contribute with some money. BSW obviously
>wants to change its focus to the Win market but doesn't have the strength to

BSW has admitted many times that the bulk of its revenue comes from
Windows users, not OS/2 users.

>admit. There are zillions of companies penetrating the world with Win
>applications so that it might be doubted that they can promote to a new
>pillar in the market but what about knowledgeable and experienced people in
>a universe that might arise again with eCS ... ?

Again, the _fact_ is that the bulk of BSW's revenue comes from
Windows sales, not OS/2 sales (at least that is what I have been
told).

This does not mean that OS/2 users are irrelevant. This has also been
stated before: we appreciate and continue to support the OS/2 users
as much as we can.

As I said, Peter hopes that if he can get one copy of the code
rewritten -- and that copy must obviously be the Windows copy, since
it is the one being bought most often -- he may then have
feature-compatible versions for both Windows and OS/2, just like he
does with PMView. THAT IS NOT A PROMISE, THAT IS WHAT HE HOPES.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support