[pmmail-list] Update from Peter Nielsen

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:33:55 +0100 (MEZ)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:59:32 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

> Again, the _fact_ is that the bulk of BSW's revenue comes from
> Windows sales, not OS/2 sales (at least that is what I have been
> told).
>
> This does not mean that OS/2 users are irrelevant. This has also been
> stated before: we appreciate and continue to support the OS/2 users
> as much as we can.

  I'm using OS/2 on my main PC in my home-office, but I do not try
and convince other people to use OS/2. I do service Windows
installations, do develop databases for Windows, and I also sell
PMMail for Windows. But I do sell PMMail because I know it from my
OS/2 usage, and because I like it that I have the same look and feel
both on OS/2 and Windows. If it were otherwise, I might prefer to
sell Mulberry, which is primarily an IMAP client, and whose
developers have promised (or hinted) that they might have a German
language version sometime this year.

  I see the major rewrite of PMMail by Peter Nielsen as a preparatory
step for non-english versions, and hope that he gets along fast.
Primarily with the Windows version, of which I sold some into offices
with people who harldly know english. I'm somewhat ashamed,
sometimes...

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main