[pmmail-list] Canned Reply - File Attach - Windows

Wendell Brown pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:55:15 -0500

Ok, I have a question (go figure, right?).  We have been using PM-Mail
for OS/2 for years and have written some pretty cool stuff for it.  One
of our better uses was a REX script that allowed end users to request a
file by e-mail and have it automatically returned as an attachment.

Now we are using the Windows version (the OS/2 version is still running
on a "server" machine doing automated stuff) and I notice in the
"Canned Reply" section that I can attach files to the returned message
and I think WOW this is exactly what we had to jump through hoops to do
in OS/2 so I try:

$a.$h.subject$$

Hoping that it MIGHT work to attach whatever file name was in the
subject to a returned e-mail.  But alas it doesn't work.  My question
is:  Is there any way to do recursive subexpression evaluation in a
canned reply?

And yes, I know this is a HUGE security risk.