[pmmail-list] Spell Checker Problem

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:51:24 -0400

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:18:36 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>When I
>start to spell check, the CPU pegs at 100 percent and checking proceeds
>at a v-e-r-y slow pace.  When I reset the parameters to once again
>access the files across the network, the problem disappears.  I've
>uninstalled and reinstalled the program a couple of times but without
>any change.  The only thing non-standard about my installation is that
>I use the 'Start in' parameter in the Properties settings to point to
>the message and tools files on a different drive on the same system.
>This is exactly what I did to point to the message files when they were
>on a different system on the LAN so I don't think that's the cause.
>Any suggestions?

In the course of moving files across drives and the LAN, are there any
files with a Read Only attribute? Most all of PMMail's files should NOT
have this attribute and can cause problems when/if PMMail attempts to
execute/write to the files.

When uninstalling/reinstalling, are you deleting all files except for
your message and address book files? You may have to delete all of the
dictonary files, except for user.dic before reinstalling, and always
make sure that the executable has been deleted before reinstalling, or
at least verify that you have the latest version once you complete
installation through the Help->About menu.

Let me know if this does not help resolve the problem.

Thanks,
Brandon King
brandonk@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com