[pmmail-list] hyper-text?

Martin Moran pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:16:51 -0600

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:24:14 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>thinks the message is correctly formatted as HTML (the OS/2
>version simply strips the HTML tags, and show the plain text as
>an email clinet should - much nicer), however the whole history

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  What peeves me off about HTML is
that it changes your font size.  Maybe at 31 I'm getting old, but I
like a nice, big, readable font.  Heck!

And while I agree that in actuality HTML is a solution searching for a
problem (if it's so important to mark it up, send it by snail mail, for
gosh sakes!), there are too many new users that use HTML by default and
don't understand what the heck plain text *is*.  Because I do have to
correspond to such people, HTML rendering is important.

And what about web mail users?  They will likely never have a plain
text option... go figure.
Martin Moran                 ommoran@telusplanet.net
Edmonton, Alberta            e-mail for my PGP key

"When you're caffeinated, all is right with the world"