[pmmail-list] hyper-text?

Richard Grevers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:58:25 +1200

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:19:59 -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:

<snip admission of blasphemy>

>On the other hand, there is no particular reason why HTML e-mail has to be so
>weird.  What Outlook does is just not that hard to do.  There are any number
>of HTML-rendering controls available today; you just pass a string containing
>HTML tags, and it renders as expected.  I've been surprised it has taken
>PMMail so long to do this.

But very few of these email controls can cope with the security implications of
rendering email messages, such as disallowing request/retrieval of images not
embedded in the message (in case they are web bugs which confirm your reading
of the mail to the spammer). How many even support instructions to disable
all scripting?

--
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.