[pmmail-list] hyper-text?

Dave Hathaway pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:33:07 -0700 (PDT)

And yet, even well-established programs like "Yahoo Mail" doesn't
display Outlook Mail properly all the time.  Half the time?  Probably
more than that, but still it shouldn't be rocket science, right?

This kinda ignores the crux of the issue for me: should HTML mail be
supported in any form?  Not if it is easy, but should it be supported
at all?  I would prefer that it doesn't.  Nowadays, "proper"
rendering of HTML includes formating and displaying pictures which is
verboten in my email.  Why should I be web-tracked and my privacy
impinged upon?

When I get HTML mail via PMMail, I have a choice.  I can live with
the ugly but safe anti-formatting, or I can "bounce" it to another
address (like Yahoo mail) and let it worry about displaying the email
from rude people who send HTML mail.  <shrug>  It's no big deal,
because most of the emails I care about come from people smart enough
to not send HTML mail.  Oh, I forgot my most common option: the
delete key--that's the one I use most often.

Dave

*MAJOR SNIPPAGE*