[pmmail-list] hyper-text?

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:46:35 -0700

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:33:07 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hathaway wrote:

>This kinda ignores the crux of the issue for me: should HTML mail be
>supported in any form?  Not if it is easy, but should it be supported
>at all?

Of course it should.  Your attitude is akin to asking whether the Opera browser
should support tables.  HTML e-mail exists in vast quantities, and denying that
fact won't make it go away.  You are perfectly welcome to dislike HTML e-mail,
and you should certainly have the option to turn off its support, but an
application like PMMail cannot afford to cater directly to the fringe user if
it hopes to survive in the long term.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.