[pmmail-list] hyper-text?

Dave Hathaway pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 06:27:04 -0700 (PDT)

Bzzzpt!  Wrong.

I am on a mailing list where the convention is to not trim quotes
when you reply.  As a result, the daily digest is probably 10X longer
because you get HTML broken in the reply, which then is HTML-ized
(making tags look like angle brackets, etc), only to be broken again.

Including generations of HTML crap has made one recent 19-message
digest balloon up over 31K.  That IS the result of using HTML in
emails.

Dave