[pmmail-list] hyper-text?

Martin Moran pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:26:03 -0600

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 06:27:04 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hathaway wrote:

>Including generations of HTML crap has made one recent 19-message
>digest balloon up over 31K.  That IS the result of using HTML in
>emails.

Right.  That must be it then.

31K.  Holy smoke.  What will we do when people start to send pictures
and documents?  And it just saps your 640KB of memory.

If a list moderator or owner cannot be bothered to do something about
that, I would get off the list.  That is just bad manners on the list's
part.  But you are making my point for me.  31K is not doom and gloom
because it is NOT a lot of space in the grand scheme of things.  Not
that I am condoning the poor formatting and manners of the list owner,
but come on.  Ever use Word?  That is ballooning.

I have never said it's right.  I *have* said I want it to format
properly when I receive them.  I send plain text, TYVM.
Martin Moran                 ommoran@telusplanet.net
Edmonton, Alberta            e-mail for my PGP key

"When you're caffeinated, all is right with the world"