[pmmail-list] Question...

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:19:57 -0400

For those that choose to download the new beta:

As you tool your way through the program, pay attention to see if you notice
things moving a little quicker (windows open faster, moving messages, etc.).

I am curious because Peter said he made quite a few changes that should "speed
things up". In my biased view, I can already tell a difference in the speed
with which folder trees expand/collapse, searching messages, indexing and the
biggest thing I see is how quickly the Help file opens. I know last week I
waited 10-15 seconds for it to open, it is virtually instant now.

Also, any opinions on the new tab structure of the Properties menu? I know this
is a minor change, and Peter was a little reluctant to stick with it because it
is considered bad form in the programming community. After looking at it
through the first builds, and recalling several messages from users that did
not even know there was such a thing as a Canned Reply even AFTER opening the
Properties menu, we decided it would be convenient for most users. (I
personally think it is much better than having to scroll through to the end
when you want to edit a Signature, I like the Standard versions rendering even
better since it is only stacked two high with the absence of the Security tab).

PS: I just found a bug myself, not sure if this is new or not, but after
performing a search for messages, the sorting does not function. ...it doesn't
work in the address book either. Oh well, just means Peter has something to do
on Monday morning...
Brandon King
Wilmington, NC