[pmmail-list] PMMail 2000 Windows Beta

Simon Wright pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:27:34 +0200 (CDT)

>Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 13:23:00 -0400
>From: "Brandon King" <brandontking@ec.rr.com>
>
>On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:13:48 +0200 (CDT), Simon Wright wrote:
>
>>Do you have or will you also
>>post a projected feature list for v3?
>
>isn't possible to say what can and can't be added. By default in the new interface, there will be HTML support and we will also be adding a new 3rd party spell
>checker. Outside of that, I can't say for sure what new features there will be yet, stay tuned...

Waiting with bated breath!! Please pretty please could we have
some effective LAN awareness - a shareable address book is a
biggie for me - in v3. I know that BSW put out a survey some
time ago about what features were requested in the next version;
it that still a frame of reference or have we moved beyond it?

Tabbed dialog boxes - I didn't installed the new Windows beta
after reading about the APOP authentication problems so I'm
guessing a little about what these tabbed dialog boxes are, but
if they are similar to the Office boxes with tabs on multiple
rows that change their order when you select them . . . please
don't do this!! I dislike that "feature" in Office almost as
much as the Office Assistant. If they are not the same, then
just ignore me!

Regards,

Simon Wright.