[pmmail-list] Build 2578

David M. Nelson pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:30:32 -0700

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:01:07 -0400, PMMail 2000 Support wrote:

>ok,  I think Peter hit all of the problems, minus APOP and dial-up
>connection issues. APOP was not reproducable and he said that he double
>checked the code and couldn't find anything that would cause a problem.
>His suggestion was to attempt creating a "dummy" account with the same
>login information to verfiy that the login would not function with a
>newly created account.INI. Outside of this, I guess we need specifics
>on server types and exact error messages, any help is appreciated...

Still using build 2577 (Pro)

Telneting to the POP3 server yields:

+OK NGPopper vEL_4_16 at earthlink.net ready <6698.1027981486@gull>

I don't have the time at the moment to look up the POP3 protocol, so I
didn't pursue it further.

The error log shows:

This is the error that resulted from the APOP command
Thu, 04 Apr 02 13:47:57 ==> Error ; Server broke connection

I'll try backing out to the old version to double-check a few things.

David M. Nelson
<solomani@earthlink.net>