[pmmail-list] Extract and Run EXE in new beta.

Wendell Brown pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:20:24 -0500

Ok, I just downloaded the new beta (Windows 2578 standard) and I think
I found a bug....

My voice mail package at home forwards messages to me at work in the
form of an attached EXE (message.exe).  After the update I have started
getting an odd message when I double click on the attached exe.... The
message is: "This is not a combined SETUP file".

This is after the message asking if I want to overwrite the old file
which I answer yes to.  The only thing I can think of is either the
file isn't getting extracted intact or the spawn of the resulting exe
is failing.