[pmmail-list] next beta and problem with 2578

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:25:33 -0400

Hello List,

Just a quick update here for you on the status of a new beta. Peter has
addressed at least one problem with build 2578 (crash on sending canned
reply with filters), and I do have a new build, however, I have found a
bug in the new build that does exist in 2578 as well dealing with
sorting the Filters list...

IMPORTANT!! If you are using any build over 2502, DO NOT use the 'up'
'down' sort buttons on the Filters menu, this can result in filters
being deleted!!! I have not tested this with the previous builds, but I
know that it is a problem with 2578.

We are also working with the dial-up connection problem. I have not
reproduced the EXACT problem, but I did determine that at least one
menu option is not functioning correctly. If "Close connection after
network usage" is unchecked, PMMail will still close the connection. We
are going to install a modem in Peter's system so that we can run this
through the debugger in the morning and locate the problem.

FWIW, I apologize for the problems with these builds, but that is why I
have not made them publicly available. We had no reason to beleive
there would be problems like this, and did not intentionally offer
unstable software. However, I thank each one of you that has taken the
time to download and test this software. At this point, I am about
halfway through (guesstimate) every function of PMMail, and have only
found the moving of filters to be a new bug. I am going to do this
again with the next build I receive before releasing it to help avoid
any problems for you folks.

If you need help uninstalling, please see my post dated 7/27/2002 "New
beta uninstall".

For those using address groups, Marty Rimpau gave a good example of how
to retreive your 'disappearing' groups in a message dated 7/30/2002
"what to do about deleted groups". (thanks Marty!)  Peter has fixed
this, but didn't give me an explanation of the exact cause. Marty is
correct that the groups are still intact and do still contain all of
your information.

If all goes well, we should have a much more stable beta for everyone
later this week.

Thanks,
Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.pmmail2000.com