[pmmail-list] systray operations

Steve Ewing pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:29:59 -0400

I use the systray icon for PMMail quite a bit-- on both Win2K and XP and 98 <hangs head in
shame-- used to use OS/2>.  Used to be, you could right-click and read new mail and perform
other operations-- reading new mail being what I did most.  The advantage was it would pop up
the new message without the rest of the program.  That is no longer the case; even for just
composing a new message, a new message window pops up, and the rest of the app opens
behind it.  A minor nit, but annoying after having gotten used to just the desired window
appearing.

It started almost a year ago: I have been applying new versions (up to the 2578 from Monday)
one on top of the other, so it may be cumulative; or not.  Anyone else see this?

Additionally, when you get new mail one of the right-click options is "Delete All New Messages".
That's nice, but a better one (or in addition) would be "Mark all new messages Read".  I get a lot
of informational stuff, and that would allow me to just glance at the subject, and ignore it, so that
the flashing "New Mail" goes out.  Or, at least, turn off the New Mail flashing icon once you have
right-clicked on it: that would tell me the next time I got new mail, as opposed to mail I have
previously ignored-but-not-read.

Steve<steve@qmss.com>
http://www.qmss.com/~sewing