[pmmail-list] systray operations

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:41:26 +0100

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:29:59 -0400
"Steve Ewing" <steve@qmss.com> wrote:

> I use the systray icon for PMMail quite a bit-- on both Win2K and XP
> and 98 <hangs head in shame-- used to use OS/2>.  Used to be, you
> could right-click and read new mail and perform other operations--
> reading new mail being what I did most.  The advantage was it would
> pop up the new message without the rest of the program.  That is no
> longer the case; even for just composing a new message, a new message
> window pops up, and the rest of the app opens behind it.  A minor nit,
> but annoying after having gotten used to just the desired window
> appearing.
>
> It started almost a year ago: I have been applying new versions (up to
> the 2578 from Monday) one on top of the other, so it may be
> cumulative; or not.  Anyone else see this?

Yes, it was necessary (although I don't remember why exactly) to pop up
the main window because something was broken if it was left as it
originally was. I hate it too, maybe Peter can work out how to fix it
and return normal service, even in the next version?

--
Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk