[pmmail-list] systray operations

David M. Nelson pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:27:29 -0700

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:29:59 -0400, Steve Ewing wrote:

>I use the systray icon for PMMail quite a bit-- on both Win2K and XP and 98 <hangs head in
>shame-- used to use OS/2>.  Used to be, you could right-click and read new mail and perform
>other operations-- reading new mail being what I did most.  The advantage was it would pop up
>the new message without the rest of the program.  That is no longer the case; even for just
>composing a new message, a new message window pops up, and the rest of the app opens
>behind it.  A minor nit, but annoying after having gotten used to just the desired window
>appearing.

I believe this change was instituted on the "Pro" version, because
opening an encrypted message would cause the program to appear frozen.
It was asking for your PGP passcode, but since the main program was
hidden, you couldn't see the menu. There should be a better way of
handling this though.

David M. Nelson
<solomani@earthlink.net>