[pmmail-list] Selecting startup for PMMail 2000

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:17:21 +0200 (MES)

On Thu, 06 Jun 2002 06:06:15 -0500, Hazen Woods wrote:

> All of my PMMail files were originally set up under PMMail/2 and reside
> in a directory on my E: drive.  I have PMMail 2000 installed on Win2000
> Pro. I want to point PMMail 2000 to that directory.  I can do this from
> a shortcut which I created and have located on my desktop.
>
> When select properties from the shortcut icon there is a "Start at"
> option.  But properties from the executable itself does not have that
> option.   I have created shortcuts and pointed the other applications
> to it, but doesn't seem to work.  What am I overlooking?

  That PMMail is hardcoded to look for the account and message directories in
subdirectories of where the executable is located.

  You should be able to install both PMMail/2 and PMMail2000 in the same
directory; at least the executable have different names (pmmailW.exe for the
windows version); I'm not 100% sure though for any DLLs which might be
necessary.

Yours,
Lüko Willms