[pmmail-list] Selecting startup for PMMail 2000

Hazen Woods pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 21:28:25 -0500

On Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:17:21 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

>>  That PMMail is hardcoded to look for the account and message directories in
>>subdirectories of where the executable is located.

Even so,  it is possible to split the program files from the data
files.  In PMMail2000 the Help files reads in part :

 "To do this, Right click on the PMMail icon, and select Properties. In
the Properties settings, you can set the working directory. Set this to
be the directory you want to be the "root" of all of your account
directories (All account directories will be subdirectories of this
"root" directory)."

In Win2000 Pro the "working directory" is referred to as "Start from"
and there is no "Start from" in the properties of the executable icon
but only from the "shortcut" icon (what OS/2 calls a shadow - I think)

Hazen Woods
eCS v1.0
PMMail/2 beta v2.20.2380
Member of POSSI and VOICE