[pmmail-list] Fetching large mail

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:15:52 +1000

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 21:56:38 +0200 (CES), Frans Morre wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:16:17 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:
>
>> Maybe it's a problem at your ISP?
>
>Maybe, but how could I know ?  They're not allowed to go into my
>mailbox, and are baffled when I explain I'm using PMMail/2  ;)

Ok. I have seen you get a bunch of windows "solutions" and I don't know
if you even run it.

So here is something that will work on every platform with a half-good
(or better) TCP/IP suite.
The  <------ marks show the things you type. The other lines are server
talking back to you.
I cannot predict the exact server responses because I don't know which
server it is.

At an OS/2 prompt (and making the appropriate name substitutions)
Telnet your.mail.host 110  <--------
(You get its banner line)
user yourmailboxname  <---------
+OK yourmailboxname accepted
pass yourpassword  <--------
+OK
list  <-------
+OK
1 56789
2 999999999999
3 2345
dele 2  <----------- you choose to delete the big one
+OK
quit  <---------- ONLY when you type quit and hit enter will the
deletion take place

At this point note whatever response you get and then you can login
again and see what happened.

HTH
HAND

In the beginning was The Word
and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
The Word of Rod.