[pmmail-list] OS/2 PMMail issues

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 05:44:42 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 02:06:34 -0800 (PST), Steve Wendt wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 01:57:15 -0800, John Bridges wrote:
>
>>>It STILL isn't an in-house application - BSW pays Peter ZERO to work on it.
>>
>>Where did you hear this?
>
>Peter is paid to work on Java stuff for the web.  All work done on PMView and
>PMMail is on his own time.  Hopefully, he is getting money from sales...
>
>Software development is obviously a very low priority for BSW.

Again ... not to defend them but they're probably fighting for their lives in the business sense ...
I've been working/playing with computers since the CP/M days ... when Kaypro's and Osbourne's ruled the land ...
The software marketplace absolutely sucks right now ... and the reason for that falls strictly on MS's shoulders ... IMO ...

MS has marketed Windows as the end-all and be-all of working with computers ... That nothing else is needed ... and people are so ignorant
of what it actually means to have a computer it isn't even funny ... it's pathetic ... Rather than pushing the concept that windows is the base
to build on MS pushes it like it's all you need ... Buy a system pre-loaded with Windows and Office and you've got it made ...

Because of that attitude most people won't even consider looking at other software applications ...
And companies like BSW end up paying the price for people's ignorance ... of course, we do as well ...

Greg