[pmmail-list] OS/2 PMMail issues

Paul Ratcliffe pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 01:32:37 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 19:18:07 -0500 (EST), Gregory L. Marx wrote:

>But what's going to happen in a year or two when things change ???
>Already standard POP access is becoming old hat ... There's
new-n-improved protocols coming down the road ...
>And with the demise of PMMail/2 where does that leave us ???  Reliant
on the open-source Mozilla Project ???

For what it's worth, I have been running PMMail for years without using
any of its send/fetch functions for talking to my ISPs mail servers.
I use a custom written POP3 client to pull mail from the POP server and
dump it in a directory where PMMail can access it using its SMTP
receive mode.
For send, I run Sendmail on my machine to send messages to the ISPs
server. PMMail talks to the local copy of Sendmail which doesn't
require any authentication.