[pmmail-list] Browsers and HTML

Frank Winkler @home pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 01 May 2002 13:35:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:58:56 -0700 (PDT), Tony Anton wrote:

 >the users' intelligence. I, for one, receive regular mail using HTML and it
 >is useful for me to do so. The messages would be useless without HTML. Also I
 >need to send out regular reports that must be in HTML.

Nobody will keep you from using PMMail with HTML - as long as you put the HTML
stuff into attachments (where it belongs). The same applies to incoming mail:
there are many examples what happens with inline HTML (and maybe JavaScript)
code; moreover, you also don't expect GIFs, JPEGs or even MPEGs to be supported
as inline mail data, so why do you do so with HTML? All thos tuff should be
handled by dedicated applications and PMMail should focus on its core
competence, an email client. Not another "all-in-one" application that is able
to do a bit of everything but nothing in perfect.

Regards

Frank Winkler                                                frank@consol.de
ConSol GmbH
Franziskanerstr. 38                                   Voice +49 89 45841.275
81669 Munich - Germany                                  Fax +49 89 45841.189