[pmmail-list] 5 minutes to open address book!

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 02 May 2002 00:58:15 -0400

On Wed, 01 May 2002 19:56:20 -0700, J Seder wrote:

>If I hit Alt-V (Window / "View Full Message") while examining a message
>with a large attachment, my computer appears to freeze, almost.
>But I just tried it with a
>900K attachment and had to shut down PMMail.
>I am sure someone will tell me this is user error and furthermore that
>it is improper to point out issues like this

PMMail reads and displays the actual code of the attachment. I would
imagine this is both dependant on available system memory and video
card memory in order to display the large amount of text, not to
mention the process of decoding the file. I will check with Peter to
find out if it is possible to have attachment viewing as an on/off
option versus the only option.

>tried the same thing with same message on a Warp4 system and it
>opened almost immediately

I am not sure about whether PMMail/2 handles decoding the same as the
Windows version.

Brandon King
PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com