[pmmail-list] 5 minutes to open address book!

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 01 May 2002 23:44:24 -0400

On Wed, 01 May 2002 19:56:20 -0700, J Seder wrote:

>This probably doesn't explain your problem, but...
>
>If I hit Alt-V (Window / "View Full Message") while examining a message
>with a large attachment, my computer appears to freeze, almost.  The

>I am sure someone will tell me this is user error and furthermore that
>it is improper to point out issues like this.

It's obviously user error and it's really improper to point out issues
like this.  (Sorry, couldn't resist.<g>)

>  I'm running 2.20.2475 on Windows 2000 SP2.  My machine is a
>1GHz Pentium III with 512MB DRAM and 6GB free on my C: drive.

I just tried using Alt-V on a message with a 900k attachment and had
exactly the same problem on a Win2k SP2 system running 2.20.2475.  I
then tried the same thing with same message on a Warp4 system and it
opened almost immediately.  Obviously something is broken on this
Windows version.

Ralph