[pmmail-list] FIXED! [was Re: 5 minutes to open address book!]

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 04 May 2002 16:07:42 -0300

On Sat, 04 May 2002 14:14:46 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:

>Can anyone suggest how the Addr.db got screwed up?  If it were in
>there 10 times maybe it was something I did, but NOT 131,072
>times!! :(

Oh no, I think this is obviously user error. It's clear that you
entered the name all 131,000 times yourself. :-)

(just kidding, of course)

There have been weird issues like this with the address book in the
past but it's rare and, as far as I know, we haven't been able to pin
down what causes rampant address cloning. I've filed this away though
so next time someone says PMMail has slowed down, I'll tell them to
check the address book. Thanks!

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support