[pmmail-list] Bug List for PMMail Beta

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 06 May 2002 21:56:57 -0400

On Mon, 06 May 2002 18:15:10 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>Would you please post a copy of it here or on the website?  It would
>be most helpful not wasting time documenting bugs about which you are
>already aware.

This is the current list of issues with the latest release of PMMail
2000 for Windows. I am converting this list from a combination of paper
and electronic documents into a single database so that I can better
keep track of them. This has been a little tedious, so please let me
know of any 'reproducible' bugs that are not listed. This is the bug
list only.

This list is in no particular order and many are repeats of the same
issues posted here previously. I do not have the full list since I am
at
home right now, but wanted to go ahead and post this, I think the only
major things missing from this list would be the 'duplicating address
book' (let me check on this, but I believe it occurs when the address
book is accessed by a version above 2380? and then used again in the
previous version) and  'incorrect fetch/send completion' count. I will
update the website with the full list tomorrow from work.

Component: Send
Severity: Workaround
Type: Incorrect Functionality
from RMB Address Book list. Only adds addresses from the Most Recently
Used list, not Address Books or Groups
Reproduced: Always

Component: Filter
Severity: No Workaround
Type: Incorrect Functionality
called Address Book appears in To:/From: field.
Reproduced: Always
Steps to Reproduce: set a filter for
h.toid=3D"$ab.any address book name$" | h.fromid=3D"$ab.any address book=

name$"
and have the filter move the message to a specific folder (test filter
acted on Outgoing(Pre-send) move to Drafts folder). Now, add more than
one address from the specified address book to an email, and the filter
does not work.

Component: Option Menu
Severity: Causes Crash
Type: Crash - No Data Loss
Reproduced: Always
Steps to Reproduce: from any location 'Add Sender to Group', cancel the
resulting window, PMMail crashes (also reported when using add sender
to address book)

Component: Compose
Severity: No Workaround
Type: Incorrect Functionality
to list of recipients
Reproduced: Always
Steps to Reproduce: add an address that is already in your address book
to a group, then add that group to the TO: field, the actual address is
not added in the brackets, it uses the alias

Component: Migration
Severity: Causes Crash
Type: Crash - No Data Loss
Reproduced: Always
Steps to Reproduce: This has been narrowed down to the messages in
Eudora not being read properly by PMMail, if you select everything but
the messages from the list of things to migrate, it works fine, select
only the messages, it crashes PMMail. Migration still works for
previous versions of Eudora.

Component: Migration
Severity: Causes Crash
Type: Crash - No Data Loss

Component: Filter
Severity: Causes Crash
Type: Crash - No Data Loss
Steps to Reproduce: If you create a filter to FORWARD incoming email,
the process is not completed. The message is put into the 'outbox' with
a 'Sent' status and will cause a crash if you attempt to delete the
file, but is actually not sent to the server by PMMail.

Component: Send
Severity: No Workaround
Type: Incorrect Functionality
to 'Check for messages...' or you use the 'Fetch' option before the
message is sent, there will be at least one duplicate copy of the
message sent
Reproduced: Always

Component: Compose
Severity: No Workaround
Type: Incorrect Functionality
Reproduced: Always
Steps to Reproduce: Open 'Message Composer'; depress TAB key and it
only moves one space the first seven times, then moves the correct
number of spaces. When the message is sent and then read, each TAB
shows as the correct number of spaces

Component: Indexing
Severity: Workaround
Type: Incorrect Functionality
PMMail to loose track of messages
Reproduced: Always
Steps to Reproduce: all messages after the message with the thorn
character are lost, actually just not displayed in the message list

Component: Canned Replies
Severity: No Workaround
Type: Incorrect Functionality
them
Reproduced: Always
Steps to Reproduce: Create a canned reply with <script></script> tags
and place code in between them. Add the canned reply to a new message
and the code is stripped by PMMail.

Component: Search
Severity: Cosmetic
Type: Incorrect Functionality
Reproduced: Always
Steps to Reproduce: If you complete a search and subsequently open a
message found by the search, the Move Up(F11) and Move Down(F12)
feature scrolls through all messages in the account, not the search
results

Component: Preview Pane
Severity: No Workaround
Type: Incorrect Functionality
Reproduced: Always
Steps to Reproduce: I open the "Address Book Manager", select an
address an open its properties. Now I switch back to PMMail (leaving
everything else open). Now the email-preview-window doesn't change any
more, I can select every message I want, nothing changes.

Brandon King
Wilmington, NC