[pmmail-list] WIBNI

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 08 May 2002 20:34:24 -0400

On Tue, 07 May 2002 12:36:23 +0200, Peter Berkhout wrote:

>1. There was a field in the message composewindow in which one can
>type or select from a (dropdown)listbox in which folder the sent
>message must be stored if one doesn't want it to be stored in 'Sent Mail'.

If you are looking to put messages with certain criteria (recipient,
subject) into a different folder, you can set up a filter to act on
messages Outgoing (Post-Send). The message will be placed in that
folder instead of the Sent folder. I will add this to the 'enhancement'
(fancy term, heh?) list as well.

>2. Filters could be shared between accounts.

This is coming, I don't have an expected release, but after talking
with Peter today, I am all but certain that this will be added in the
future. The major problem with this is that when a filter specifies a
folder, it is specific to the account that the filter is created in.
Each folder has a unique ID that the filter uses to identify the
folder, so one possibility is a global filter that sends all messages
to one folder (ie, Spam) versus each accounts Spam folder. This is
still being worked out, but it looks like it will be done.

>3. the message of 'Inform User' during filtering would let you know
>from which account it is launched. I am monitoring about 20 accounts
>and have made a virus filter in which I have set the option Inform User.
>(Instead of naming every filter "Accountname filterdescription").

We discussed this as well, but there was no real conclusion on how this
should be done. I don't have a definite answer on this one, but it is
being discussed.

Brandon King
PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com