[pmmail-list] Bug List for PMMail Beta

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 08 May 2002 23:01:30 -0400

On Tue, 07 May 2002 13:33:42 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>Yes, the bug list only applies to the Win version.  There currently
>isn't any work being done on the OS/2 beta and none planned until maybe
>after the Win upgrade is finished.

I just wanted to update/re-state the original remarks about this issue
in a message dated 3/18/2002 [PMMail OS/2 Update].

It is my understanding that Peter will address OS/2 issues when
possible (his determination). His focus is to complete updating the
source code of the Windows version to C++ so that he can use wxWindows
(see www.wxWindows.org) to port PMMail to other platforms, OS/2 being
one of those platforms, this way any updates will apply to all
platforms.
Due to other projects and time restrictions, this is the method that he
has chosen to most effectively move forward with PMMail development.

> (FWIW, there currently is little if
>any work being done on the Win version either but that's supposed to
>change in June or July.)

While Peter is very busy with other projects, he does address issues
that are brought to him. He is aware of all issues being discussed here
and throughout our other support alternatives. I can say that he was
working on the Windows program today and made several fixes including
the thorn character issue, forward filter, add group to recipient list,
add address to the Bounce pop-up, an issue with some SMTP servers not
accepting the MAIL FROM: command that PMMail sends and a message that
was crashing PMMail on receive due to invalid header information and
the lack of a message BODY.  These fixes have not been verified, and I
don't believe he has even compiled the fixes, I will update the list
when more information is available. So while it may be June or July
before we see any major updates, work is ongoing with the
development of PMMail.

Brandon King
Wilmington, NC