[pmmail-list] WIBNI

Ronny Hippler pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 09 May 2002 11:58:57 -0400

On Thu, 09 May 2002 06:17:59 -0500, Oberon wrote:

>>I can see the reason for wanting to make this optional, especially
>>dealing with discussion lists. My only question is, who should we send
>>the reply to? Ignore the specified Reply-to:, or the From: address? My
>I find the manual choice to be very useful.  It is sometimes valuable to
>respond privately to e-mail coming from a public list.

99% of the replies I send are back to the list. for that other 1% I can just hit
reply to all and delete the list address. Besides he said making it optional.
Idealy there should be the choice of sending it to the reply-to, the from, both
or prompt. that covers all bases. I wonder what the RFC has to say about the
reply-to field?

--

I  my CableModem.

Ronny Hippler || Spartanburg SC
http://www.vr5.dyndns.org:8008/ || ftp://ftp.vr5.dyndns.org:2112/
For PGP key email with "PGPKey" in the subject