[pmmail-list] Using both OS/2 and Win2K

Hazen Woods pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 07:33:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 15 May 2002 20:38:33 +0200 (CEST), Andreas Ludwig wrote:

>>On Tue, 14 May 2002 20:27:49 -0500 (CDT), Hazen Woods wrote:
>>
>>>Can OS/2 be set up to read files in NTFS format or vice versa setting
>>>up Win2K to read files in HPFS format? If not what can I do?
>>
>>Hi Hazen,
>>
>>On my notebook I have win2k and eCS co-exist, eCS on HPFS and win2k on
>>FAT32(!!) It works quite well, has full long filename support (much
>>better thqan fat16!), yet misses some advanced features from NTFS - but
>>as I use win2k very rarely, i don't care ;-)
>>Most importantly, FAT32 has a much faster and more stable IFS support
>>on the eCS side (by Henk Kelder and soon hopefully enhanced as a
>>Netlabs project):
>>
>>http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/system/drivers/filesys/os2fat32.zip

Thank you, Andreas.

Let me be sure I understand what you are suggesting - That I can run a
program under Win2K 2K Pro and read/write to HPFS formatted disk using
use
data <hpfsw2k.zip>.  And I can run a program under eCS and read/write
to FAT32 formatted disk.

So should I conclude that I cannot run a program under eCS and
read/write to NTFS formatted disk?  Can I have one FAT32 partition for
applications and data which I can access from both OSes?

Can you or someone point me to a place to find out what limitations are
on Win2K Pro when run under FAT32?
FWIW I installed hpfsw2k.zip and it appears to run OK so far.  The
partition letters are different which I can live with I guess, but is
there any way to select partition/volume letters in Win2K as in LVM?

Wow, enough already!!!

TIA,

Hazen Woods
eCS v1.0