[pmmail-list] Using both OS/2 and Win2K

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 08:57:44 -0400

On Thu, 16 May 2002 07:33:15 -0500 (CDT), Hazen Woods wrote:

>So should I conclude that I cannot run a program under eCS and
>read/write to NTFS formatted disk?  Can I have one FAT32 partition for
>applications and data which I can access from both OSes?

Yes, that is what I would recommend (at least from the Win2K
perspective).

>FWIW I installed hpfsw2k.zip and it appears to run OK so far.  The
>partition letters are different which I can live with I guess, but is
>there any way to select partition/volume letters in Win2K as in LVM?

Disk manager lets you assign letters to partitions (or even
directories). It is available as "Disk Management" under the "Compute
Management" program, which you can access from the administrative tools
folder of the Control Panel. It's easier to use than to find. Just
right click on the drive and select "Change drive letter and path...".