[pmmail-list] Feature wanted: detatch to folder

Willms-EDV Technik pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 14:35:26 +0200 (MES)

On Tue, 21 May 2002 13:17:45 +0200, Joachim Selinger wrote:

> To achieve that, you would just need a very simple REXX copy
> script. The message filename is passed to that script and you can then
> copy it over to the SMTP receive dir.

   No, it is not so simple. I have to separate the different parts of the
message and write each of them as a *.MSG file to disk.

   This requires detection of the first "Content-Type: " header which would
look like this:

    memorizing the boundary string in some variable and from then on scan for
a line which contains nothing but this boundary, then scanning the lines
following the boundary and interpreting the headers, which do look in my
example like this:

    and when the "Content-Type: message/rfc822" is found, to write the lines
following the blank line after the header as a file to disk, until the next
boundary line is found.

    I have started to write such a REXX-script, but it obviously entails a
little bit more than a simply copy. Maybe someone else has such a script
ready?

    BTW, MUNPACK.EXE did not help, it said it found nothing to unpack in the
message.

Yours,