[pmmail-list] Feature wanted: detatch to folder

Joachim Selinger pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 13:17:45 +0200

--=.T(QkI2We0XuxSv

Hello Lueko,

On Tue, 21 May 2002 11:58:00 +0200 (MES) "Willms-EDV Technik"
<technik@willms-edv.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 May 2002 10:43:21 +0200 (MES), Willms-EDV Technik wrote:
>
> >   I would like to have an action in a filter which stores a message part
> >
> >which is itself a message in a PMMail folder.
> >
> >   The only action I have available currently, is to store an attachment
> >   as a
> >file in a directory on disk.
>
>    I tried to detach the messages as files to a directory, because I
>    thought
> that I might catch them via the SMTP-Receive-funktion of PMMail.
>
>    But nope, since PMMail uses the subject line as the file name, and
>    there
> were many messages from mailing lists with several messages having the
> same subject line, only one of them survived, overwriting all the previous
> messages with the same subject.

To achieve that, you would just need a very simple REXX copy
script. The message filename is passed to that script and you can then
copy it over to the SMTP receive dir. I do this to move mails from one
account to another. BTW, the message filenames in one dir are unique!

You probably know that, but I still thought I'd post it.

Gruessle
Jocki
--
Joachim F. Selinger        /  \ /  \/\ /\/  \              ___

--=.T(QkI2We0XuxSv

--=.T(QkI2We0XuxSv--