[pmmail-list] HTML version

Andrew Webber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 25 May 2002 11:37:48 -0400

On Fri, 24 May 2002 20:15:30 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>Another option, which I prefer, is to set up your browser
>as an external editor and open the message in that. In my
>case, the editor is "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\
>IEXPLORE.EXE" and the arguments string is "D:\Programs\
>Blueprint Software Works\PMMail 2000\%s".  Naturally,
>your directories would be different, but you should be
>able to tweak that easily enough. When I get heavy HTML
>email (e.g., from eBay or some receipts from online
>orders), I just press Alt+X and view it in a browser window.

THANK YOU for posting that!  I've seen references to this technique
before but could never quite get it right (couldn't find the option
to open in external editor, sometimes got IE for composing, etc.,
etc., ad nausem).  I've been meaning to post for help.

It seems to be working fine, the only thing that threw me was that
I have to _open_ the message in the internal editor first, _then_
Alt+X.  I was expecting to Alt+X from the preview pane (which I
still consider more intuitive, but it's not significant).

Finally I can read AA's websaver airfare specials without having to
go off to their site. :)  (Among many other things, like [as you
say] eBay).

Thanks again!
andrew

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
------
If my timestamp is off by an hour, it's not my fault.
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
Aspartame free since 2002-04-08
weather: www.cnn.com/WEATHER/ce/Ontario/OttawaYOW.html
Photo album at www.wwwebbers.com
ICQ: wwwebber    Yahoo: andrew0534    eBay: andrew1883