[pmmail-list] lost track mail files

Frank Winkler - Sun Germany - Enterprise Services pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 08:28:40 +0200 (MEST)

 >some of us encountered the lost track problem that occurs occasionally.
 >I found that it only occurs when fetching many mails from different
 >sources (mail providers...) synchronously. My thought is that the
 >reason could be that the routine that sets the name of the .MSG file
 >might be invoked twice at /exactly/ the same time that leads to some
 >confusion that causes the track loss. What do you think about that?

Maybe this is the case but it's definitely not the cradle of the problem.
I'm mostly using just one account and I'm also experiencing this symptom. I
rather suppose it has something to do with manual deletion of messages in
the trash, i.e. pressing DEL on messages already deleted and therefore
being moved to the trash folder. But this is also just a guess ;) ...

Regards

Frank Winkler                                 frank.winkler@germany.sun.com
Sun Microsystems - Remote Admin Center
Sonnenallee 1                                       Voice +49 89 46008.2755
85551 Heimstetten - Germany                           Fax +49 89 46008.2740